Orange County CoolSculpting ® Blog
CoolSculpting ® is the Overall Choice for Men
Cosmetic surgery requests have risen in the last few years. Men have contributed to this increase as well as baby boomers. More than 1 million men underwent cosmetic procedures according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The rise in men undergoing procedures is attributed to an advance in technology, the stigma attached to plastic surgery is diminishing, and men becoming more aware of their physiques and wanting to look and feel good about themselves.
Men are also looking for a procedure to give them the results they want without the downtime associated with many procedures. We mainly think of male celebrities and high prolife men having cosmetic procedures, but this is just not so. The typical male patient is one that just wants to look as good as he feels. Most of these men are not what you would consider your typical plastic surgery patient, but rather just an “average joe” who wants to correct some part of his body that he wants to feel better about.
For example, face lifts for men saw a 14 percent increase in 2010. Male liposuction also rose 7 percent. With the new CoolSculpting ® procedure now on the market to target fat cells, male liposuction may see a decline. Why? CoolSculpting ® is a non-invasive procedure that allows a male to target a specific area of fat and within an hour have a treatment that does not have any adverse effects that would cause a need for lengthy recovery.
The top ten fastest growing male cosmetic surgery procedures reported by plastic surgeons:
- Face-lift Surgery – to tighten up and refresh the areas of the face that have become loose over time
- Ear Surgery or Ear Pinning – removing parts of the skin on the ears to give the face a more balanced look
- Soft Tissue Fillers – to decrease wrinkles and add youthful volume
- Botox – to freeze areas of the upper head that can lead to pronounced wrinkles
- Liposuction – to remove excess fat pockets that have been hard to get rid of with proper diet and exercise
- Breast Reduction in Men – Gynomastecia in men is only treated with the removal of male breast tissue.
- Eyelid Surgery – With age many eyelids can droop over the eye causing poor vision
- Dermabrasion – a treatment done to the skin of the face that restores a more vibrant, youthful appearance
- Laser Hair Removal – Removal of unwanted body hair such as the chest or back hair.
- Laser Treatment of Leg Veins – Varicose veins can show the age of some people and are just plain unsightly. Removal of these veins can reduce the look of age in a male’s legs.
Although CoolSculpting ® did not make the list, the procedure has only been around for a few years. Doctors fully believe that when this list is revised in a few years, CoolSculpting ® will be near the top of the list for male cosmetic procedures.
CoolSculpting ® has no down time other than during the 1-hour procedure. A person can normally return to work or school immediately after a treatment. Exercise does not have to be halted either. If you live in the Lost Angeles or Orange County area and are interested in CoolSculpting ® or any of the other procedures listed, contact Orange County Plastic Surgery for a free consultation. Our board certified plastic surgeons would be glad to walk you through any questions you may have concerning male plastic surgery.