Orange County CoolSculpting ® Blog
Don’t Be Fooled by Imitators: Only CoolSculpting ® Can Rid You of Excess Fat with Freezing
With the explosion in popularity of CoolSculpting ®, there have been imitators popping up promising similar results. Do not be fooled. CoolSculpting ® is the only treatment of its kind approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for fat crylopisis.
Some Facts About Imitators
Here are some facts to look out for when dealing with doctors or spas that offer a “CoolSculpting ® type” of procedure.
- Some deliver intense heat through the skin that causes trauma and sudden cell death to the surrounding tissue and skin
- When non-specific energy is delivered to tissue, fat cells and all other surrounding cells will be affected
- Patients who undergo these types of non approved treatments often require pain management
- There is a small margin for error for these types of treatments
- The operator of the treatment machine must be present for the entire treatment
Some Facts About CoolSculpting ®
Only the CoolSculpting ® treatment approved by the FDA is safe and effective in removing fat cells.
- CoolSculpting ® extracts energy from the fat cells to freeze them and trigger apoptosis, which is natural cell death
- This non-invasive fat freezing method destroys only the selective targeted fat cells. All other surrounding cells and tissue remain unharmed
- Patients undergoing treatment tolerate the slight discomfort well and do not need pain medication during treatment
- This procedure is designed to be free of dependency on technique. This requires that no staff needs to be present once the patient is set up with the treatment pads and treatment is underway
How Can I be Assured of Finding a Reputable CoolSculpting ® provider?
If you live in the Los Angeles or Orange County area, look no further. Orange County Plastic Surgery is a certified CoolSculpting ® provider. The CoolSculpting ® website has a list of provider in all areas.
Are There Any Other Concerns I Should Know About in Detecting an Imitator?
Yes. There are several key factors to consider when looking for a reputable CoolSculpting ® treatment provider. Patients who undergo the CoolSculpting ® treatment do not experience side effects that last more than a few days. In fact, CoolSculpting ® is so gentle on the skin and surrounding tissue that an applicator can be placed in the same treatment area a few months later for an additional treatment.
Multiple treatments are often needed to reach the desired outcome. Most CoolSculpting ® providers plan an initial consultation to discuss desired results and are willing to adjust those plans as results from each CoolSculpting ® treatment becomes visible.
Some imitators have adjustable temperature settings that can lead to operator error. When the fat is properly located between the cooling panels, the fat will freeze over a 60-minute cycle. Results will be seen in approximately 1 to 3 months.
Some people who have the CoolSculpting ® treatment experience no adverse side effects and fear that the procedure did not “take” or work properly. However, many patients report absolutely no side effects and still see results within 3 months.
Finally, there are some “freezing belts” out there that claim to do the same miracles as CoolSculpting ®. This is just not true! First, the belts only wrap around the abdomen. There are no application devices that suck up the area to be treated. Don’t be fooled by these imitators.
If you live in the Los Angeles or Orange County area and are interested in a free consultation regarding a CoolSculpting ® session, contact our experts at Orange County Plastic Surgery. We are happy to work with you to develop a plan that addressed those pesky pockets of fat that diet and exercise had not gotten rid of yet.
Dr. Agha Patient Testimonials5 stars based on 63 reviews
Real Patients. Real Reviews